Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ski, Ski again and then ski some more!






I had Friday off this week and decided to take advantage of it by skiing but had some things to do first. I had to go to Jo's school and help him set up for his Michigna journal presentation. He was given an assignment when he went home to do a journal. So I thought it would be better for him to put it into a powerpoint presentation so we did and Zack told me exactly what pictures he wanted to take and exactly what to write and I just did the technical part. I wrote it to a CD with its own viewer. So all you have to do is put it in and it starts by itself. This was far too complicated for his teacher who I truly don't think can turn a computer on. Yes, I have issues with this......moving along, so we ran it on the library computers and I didn't get out of there until 11:15. I also knew I had to have some ski boot work done so I took off for the mountain. I only wound up making five runs but they were awesome. It turns out they opened up all three mountains so I loved it. I can't even explain how awesome it wasor how much my quads burned. I did bite it twice though, the first was low light in a light flurry and I didn't pick up a bump in the middle of a turn, so it threw me up a bit and I over-rotated and backed off the side of the slope right into a huge very soft drift that was actualy a small pine tree. The problem was that I was sitting in the drift and when I put my poles down to push out they just kept going down so I was a bit stuck and laughing at myself didn't help either. I did get out and continued down the mountain thru a cloud by the way. That's a new one for me! I went home and we had some frieds over for some consumables and also, ( this next part is odd) some prime rib. This corner gas station/convenience store/grocery store/restaurant makes prme rib to go on Fridays for like $15 which includes a veggie and baked potatoe. Now this is not some tasteless chewy prime, this was nearly an inch and a half thick very nicely done prime rib. It was great!! So Jo had a few drinks and had to be on the road by 8 to get to Connecticut where her flight was out of. She was a bit hung over in the morning. BJ had a birthday party to go to (his girlfriends!) It was in Burlington at a Chuck E Cheese copy place oddly enough called Zacharys Pizza. Side story to this is how much Mikayla loves BJ. Her mom overheard me say Monday that I was taking the boys skiing and assumed we were not coming so she crossed us off the list. Well, Mikayla saw that and threw a fit like nobodys business!!! We got it straightened out in the end and things are back to normal, but it was quite an issue for an evening and morning after when she found out. So we dropped him off sat at 11:00 and Sean and Zack and I went to get a ski rack for the car......Yep, the four of us were packing ourselves in the mini with all the skis, boots, etc inside with us. Quite funny actualy. Things are much better now with the rack though. We had some other things to do too and got them done during the party. We took off for the Smuggs at 1:00 and had two hours to ski before close. It was a blast and the boys did unbelievable. Especially the human rocket BJ. This was only his third time on skis and he was already launching down the birm which is above the learning hill. This is about a 7 to 8 ft drop at a 45deg angle. It's awesome to watch how comfortable he is with skis on. It's a little spooky how in control of his balance he is. So he just goes crazy and figures it out as he goes along. Zack is much more methodical and takes one little suggestion or piece of instruction and then goes and works on it. Seany is still young enough to not really care if he learns much and is totally happy to just go. He's doing well also. The two hours went quick but it was enough to get them tired and to give them a burning, and I mean burning desire to get back there. We got up this morning after sleeping in to about 9 and got up and going after packing some lunches. We hit McD's for breakfast and got to the mountain by about noon. So we had four hours to ski. They made the most of it. By the end of the day I brought Zack and BJ half way up the smallest of the three mountains on the lift and they loved it. At the end of the day I brought Zack up to the top of that mountain and he was pretty blown away. I have added some pictures of the guys skiing so enjoy. Well, I'm gonna call it a night. I too am tired from being in the fresh mountain air all weekend. This type of weekend is a major reason why we moved here and it looks like the guys are happy about it. Now we just gotta get momma JoJo out there but she needs to take care of June as her first priority.



Later,



JB

No comments: